Heyden Supply is the premier provider of construction materials with high-growth expected this year, we are looking for top talent that is interested in career opportunities to grow with us!
Shift: Monday-Friday, 6:00am-4:00pm with overtime as needed
Heyden Supply Offers:
• Competitive, Experience-Based Hourly Pay & Overtime Eligibility
• Benefits eligibility after 60 days (Medical) • Monday – Friday Schedule
• Paid time off starting in your first year
• Holiday pay after 90 days
• Opportunities for career advancement and personal growth
Job Description & Qualifications Requirements:
• Must be at least 21 yrs of age
• Must have a clean Driver’s License
• Must be able to pass a DOT physical
• Must be able to pass Pre-Employment Drug Screen
• Ability to operate rebar fabrication equipment
• Must have prior construction and or building materials experience – References must be provided
• Requires 1 to 3 years related yard or distribution center experience plus 1 year of lead experience preferred.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Must be able to do heavy lifting.
• Forklift experience required.
• Must be able to work as a team member.
• Must be comfortable with the physical requirements of loading and off-loading a truck.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
• Completes all yard paperwork and documentation of incoming and outgoing material in a timely manner.
• Coordinates and inspects specified quantity and quality of shipments coming and going from the yard.
• Responsible for loading and unloading customer and company vehicles.
• Counts and reconciles incoming and outgoing materials.
• Plans route to and from customers’ businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
• Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
• Pulls orders to match manifests.
• Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Provides assistance to resolve customer issues. Directs work in loading and unloading materials and in the use and care of machines and equipment.
• Assists all customers in a courteous and friendly manner. Nature and Scope:
• Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
• Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
• Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and lifting.
• Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
Education and Experience:
• HS Diploma or GED required, 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
• Microsoft Office – Proficiency required
Heyden Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. Heyden Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law and promote a drug free workplace.